(I AM inspired by Jess’s Post <—– ) In recovery we need to become re-acquainted with ourselves. “5 Things about me? Why Not?”
Therefore I will share with you:
5 Things I am Not… But Wish I Was
5 Things I Am Happy I am Not.
Do you know those bloggers who show-off their amazing passion and flair for fashion?
I am not that kind of blogger.
1. I am not a "fashionista." My everyday uniform? Shorts, Tanks and Flips.
(Then there’s this ensemble for my morning walk in 50 degree weather). I rest my case.
I’d like to put more care and thought into dressing myself.
2. I am not a water-drinker. I go DAYS without even one sip of pure water. Sad but true. I need an intervention.
3. I am not a good doggie mommy.
My dog has an addiction. Last night she crashed pretty hard.
And me? I am an enabler.
I throw these Busy Bones at Zoe because they keep her busy and she drives me nuts sometimes. She deserves better.
4. I am not where I thought I would be in life. Especially career-wise. After graduating college I was ready to take on the world.
(Body by Beer, Binging and Birth-Control.)
I was miserable at my highest weight but confident I would succeed. My eating disorder was not stopping me from living and dreaming.
10 years later, I have worked in Education, Graphic Design, and Produce (yay veggies!) doing marketing and advertising.
Today I’m at a job I have no passion for. I have no clue what color my parachute is – or where I even left it.
I need the courage to follow my dreams.
5. I am not a punctual person.
I like to say "I’m on God’s Time."
But I’m not always late! I leave work on time everyday!
On a Brighter Note…
5 Things I’m Glad I am not:
1. I am not a junk-food eater.
Remember this cart?<—
Never gonna happen.
I’d prefer delicious vegan cupcakes or Terra chips (yum) over Twinkies or Pork Rinds. BUT if you want a Twinkie by all means eat a Twinkie. Everything in moderation.
2. I am not as sick as I once was.
These photos are from 2002 or 2003. I was out of the hospital and "trying to recover" without really changing much.
And, for the record I am not the Tooth Fairy.
It was Halloween. (0:
*Side note- I distinctly recall feeling fat that day.
3. I am not a mean person. I’m just not.
In fact, if you’re a mean person reading this, I love you!
That’s just how I roll.
4. I am not searching for Faith, for God, for Meaning.
After flirting with everything from Krishna Consciousness to Unitarian Universalism…
One day my heart opened to Jesus and I just knew. I didn’t have to try to believe I just did.
5. I am not alone.
I am so happy to receive support and feedback from you gals out there. I learn and am inspired by reading your blogs.
Actually – I’m not happy I’m not alone.
I wish I was the only one to suffer an eating disorder and all its insanity. Sigh.
- Drop me a line! What are some things you are happy you are not. We get caught up in all the things we are lacking, it’s refreshing to celebrate what we are proud of!