(I AM inspired by Jess’s Post <—– ) In recovery we need to become re-acquainted with ourselves. “5 Things about me? Why Not?”
Therefore I will share with you:
5 Things I am Not… But Wish I Was
5 Things I Am Happy I am Not.
Do you know those bloggers who show-off their amazing passion and flair for fashion?
I am not that kind of blogger.
1. I am not a "fashionista." My everyday uniform? Shorts, Tanks and Flips.
(Then there’s this ensemble for my morning walk in 50 degree weather). I rest my case.
I’d like to put more care and thought into dressing myself.
2. I am not a water-drinker. I go DAYS without even one sip of pure water. Sad but true. I need an intervention.
I’m gonna start drinking more water tomorrow — and yes I said that yesterday and everyday prior.
3. I am not a good doggie mommy.
My dog has an addiction. Last night she crashed pretty hard.
And me? I am an enabler.
I throw these Busy Bones at Zoe because they keep her busy and she drives me nuts sometimes. She deserves better.
4. I am not where I thought I would be in life. Especially career-wise. After graduating college I was ready to take on the world.
(Body by Beer, Binging and Birth-Control.)
I was miserable at my highest weight but confident I would succeed. My eating disorder was not stopping me from living and dreaming.
10 years later, I have worked in Education, Graphic Design, and Produce (yay veggies!) doing marketing and advertising.
Today I’m at a job I have no passion for. I have no clue what color my parachute is – or where I even left it.
I need the courage to follow my dreams.
5. I am not a punctual person.
I like to say "I’m on God’s Time."
But I’m not always late! I leave work on time everyday!
On a Brighter Note…
5 Things I’m Glad I am not:
1. I am not a junk-food eater.
Remember this cart?<—
Never gonna happen.
I’d prefer delicious vegan cupcakes or Terra chips (yum) over Twinkies or Pork Rinds. BUT if you want a Twinkie by all means eat a Twinkie. Everything in moderation.
2. I am not as sick as I once was.
These photos are from 2002 or 2003. I was out of the hospital and "trying to recover" without really changing much.
And, for the record I am not the Tooth Fairy.
It was Halloween. (0:
*Side note- I distinctly recall feeling fat that day.
3. I am not a mean person. I’m just not.
In fact, if you’re a mean person reading this, I love you!
That’s just how I roll.
4. I am not searching for Faith, for God, for Meaning.
After flirting with everything from Krishna Consciousness to Unitarian Universalism…
One day my heart opened to Jesus and I just knew. I didn’t have to try to believe I just did.
5. I am not alone.
I am so happy to receive support and feedback from you gals out there. I learn and am inspired by reading your blogs.
Actually – I’m not happy I’m not alone.
I wish I was the only one to suffer an eating disorder and all its insanity. Sigh.
- Drop me a line! What are some things you are happy you are not. We get caught up in all the things we are lacking, it’s refreshing to celebrate what we are proud of!
Read Full Post »