Posted in Fun, The WORK of Recovery, tagged alone time, anorexia, eating disorder, Food and God, food plan, fun things you can do with a sink, Geneen Roth, hope, isolation, recovery, reflections, sewage fiasco, solitude, sunshine, Woman on July 22, 2010 |
1 Comment »
On Monday I decided to take a Personal Day off work. I was exhausted because a *shudder* sewer emergency kept me and all my neighbors busy until all hours of the night. I will spare you the details except for one little gem….
I totally pulled an Amy Poehler in the movie Baby Mama. Never seen it? This should suffice.
Me + sink + roll of toilet paper + bottle of bleach = FUN TIMES
Yeah, I went there. What else was I gonna do? The entire complex was crawling with people or I would have gone alfresco.
Anyway, as soon as I gave my boss the news, I quickly realized I really NEEDED some quality ME time. I have been running around goose-on-the-loose style; being social and active and attending meetings and suddenly – I just wanted ME. Solitude.
This was new — because I was not isolating. It’s normal to want some alone time. It can be productive, in fact. Constructive.
I decided to do some serious thinking and contemplating that day. I brushed my teeth, got my swimsuit on, gathered some books and headed to the pool. Ahhh……….
Did I have any deep thoughts? Profound insights? Ah-hah moments?
Nanny,Nanny Boo Boo.. I’m not at work…whatcha gonna do?
I had some serious work to do…but also finished up “Bitter is the New Black” by Jen Lancaster. It was so quiet.
My rings Say “Be Brave Love Life, Believe, and Love
This? Was a G-O-O-D idea.
Here are some of the thinks I thunk:
The good, the bad and the ugly.
- I am too thin. Scary thin. /0:
- I have mixed feelings *LETS GET REAL* I think a part of me (the ED) is quite happy about this — which makes me sad.
- I started a new book called “Woman, Food and God” by Geneen Roth which my Mom gave me and it has me thinking A LOT! Can all my beliefs about who I am and what I believe be represented by what and how I eat? I think she is on to something!
- I need a meal plan. BIG TIME. Even if I have to hammer one out myself. I am simply not eating enough.
- I am definitely doing the right thing by going to these meetings; Anorexics & Bulimics Anonymous, Overeaters Anonymous, and my treatment center’s alumni group. I think I am ready to start gathering literature and get to work.
- I need MORE God in my life.
- I don’t want to work — I just want to play in the sun all day.
- I need to do this ME time more often! (0:
So….I guess I’ll get to work. First step? A closer look at my food/meal intake and what I may be able to improve.
Read Full Post »